Home Insurance | Buildings and Contents Insurance

Selecting the right policy to cover your home can be a tricky business. Unless you really understand the product you are looking for, buying a policy online may leave you exposed with hidden policy excesses or standard default terms that leave you under or over insured.  At SSA our home insurance policies (or house insurance) allow you to protect your home and personal belongings in one of 2 ways – buildings insurance and contents insurance.

You can buy buildings and contents insurance as a single policy or as two separate policies to suit your individual circumstances.  Your insurance policy will pay out an agreed sum in the event of an unexpected circumstance, such as fire, flooding or water damage, subsidence, theft or vandalism or damage caused by storms.  We will work with you to make sure your sum assured is enough to cover the cost of repairing any damage, or in the case of a fire, a full rebuild.

Janet Braisted - Financial Advisor at Stan Sherlock Associates
Sophie McMillan:
Mortgage & Insurance Adviser

If you’re a homeowner, the need to have an adequate buildings insurance policy is likely to be a condition set by your mortgage lender.  Insuring the contents of your house (your personal possessions) is optional, but we would always recommend having a policy to protect your belongings whether you own or rent your home.

The cost of your insurance premiums will depend on the level of cover you’d like to achieve, your address and size/type of property as well as specific items and their value. 

We recommend regularly reviewing your existing home insurance policies to ensure they still meet your needs and offer the right type and level of cover.  We can also ensure your premiums (monthly payments) continue to offer value for money.

Our expert team will advise you about the appropriate options for your needs to help you protect your home and the things you value.

We can source competitive quotes for your home insurance needs including:

Buildings Insurance

Buildings insurance covers the bricks and mortar of your home or property, including the fixtures and fittings such as bathrooms and fitted kitchens. Some policies will pay for the cost of having to stay in alternative accommodation if your home is uninhabitable. If you’re a landlord who rents their property for commercial income, policies are available to cover the cost of lost rent should damage mean your tenants cannot remain in the property.

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance protects your household goods and personal possessions, such as your fridge/freezer, furniture and TV, clothes, children’s toys and gadgets. We recommend a contents insurance policy whether you own or rent your home. Our advisers can help you work out how much your possessions are worth and the level of cover you need to protect them.

Additional Cover

Additional insurance cover may be available to further protect your belongings. Perhaps you’d like to protect high value items, such as computers or tech devices, when you’re using them outside of your home, or you may have specialist or high value belongings such as bicycles or jewellery. Your contents insurance policy could also include provision for accidental damage or home emergency cover.

Contact us today for a home insurance or buildings and contents insurance quote

Mortgage Advice Services in Carlisle, Cumbria

Why work with us?

At Stan Sherlock Associates, we aim to build long term relationships with our clients and provide you with an advice service throughout your lifetime to ensure you always have the right insurance cover for your personal needs and situation. 

Although based in Carlisle, our clients come from much further afield.  We regularly work with clients from across Cumbria (including Kendal, Keswick, Penrith, Whitehaven and everywhere in between), the Scottish Borders, and North East England.  Many of our advice services can be provided by phone and email but our mortgage advisers are always happy to meet you face to face.